Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Roommates!


We've been here a little over two weeks now and we're starting to settle in. The girls have their school assessments this afternoon. Hopefully all goes well and we're handed a huge pile of paperwork to complete in the next couple of days to get them prepared for classes next week. It will be my first solo driving experience, so I'm a bit nervous. B
ut our neighbor has graciously offered to take Julianne so that's one less thing to worry about!
One thing we're learning about is our roommates in our lovely house! Having gone to school in Miami, both Eric and I expected to see a lot of little geckos in this climate. We must have a dozen of them in the place at any given time. The girls love them! They shout out "Lizzie!!!" and chase them around, pick them up, squeeze them too hard, try to contain them until Eric or myself rescues them. Molly even had one poop on her the other day, which both girls found hilarious!


We also have ants everywhere you look on the first floor, but we're told not to get rid of them because they eat the roach eggs, and honestly I'd rather have ants than roaches! Amazingly they leave the food alone and just go for the beetles and roaches. We've seen them carrying off the carcass of much larger bugs, so I'm convinced they're not all bad. They do their job and then leave until word goes out that they have another victim! I don't know if it's really this fascinating, or the lack of cable that keeps me watching them, either way, it's entertainment!

3 comments:

ManyaG said...

good to know about eating roach eggs...maybe I will not be so fast when getting rid of the ants!

Shauna said...

Oh wow!! You are a far, far, far better woman then me!!

Unknown said...

i'm allergic to cockroach droppings is that the same thing as roach eggs
Katie