Today we start the next chapter in our lives. It will absolutely be the hardest one yet, but I'm praying it will be a short one. Eric is leaving for Iraq today for the next year. Between our summer travels and Jeff and Nicole's wedding, we've managed to pay little attention to this looming day, however the last two days, it has hit us hard.
Caroline continually asks if we can cancel daddy's flight and has had several stomping fits, although she promises that's just for this week! She will be effected the most of the four kids. Molly only a few minutes ago, showed any emotion about the entire experience saying "I'll miss him, but I'm not going to cry about it!" Julianne will be distracted by Sunday's arrival of Imelda, her best pal. And Christopher will hopefully never remember any of this.
Today, after a year of knowing this was coming, we get to start the count down to his return.
Caroline continually asks if we can cancel daddy's flight and has had several stomping fits, although she promises that's just for this week! She will be effected the most of the four kids. Molly only a few minutes ago, showed any emotion about the entire experience saying "I'll miss him, but I'm not going to cry about it!" Julianne will be distracted by Sunday's arrival of Imelda, her best pal. And Christopher will hopefully never remember any of this.
Today, after a year of knowing this was coming, we get to start the count down to his return.
No comments:
Post a Comment