We're continuing to settle in here. This is the conversation every afternoon here...
Me: How was school today?
Caroline: Good.
Me: Did you do anything fun/exciting/new/adverb of choice?
Caroline: I forget.
You would think the girl who can talk nonstop, for hours on end, would report every detail of her day. But no. I ask more specific questions, but am usually ignored or brushed off. It's not really surprising considering I have the same conversation with Eric each night. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
We spent the weekend enjoying college football and the Taste of Falls Church. It was hot and muggy, so that was enough of the outdoors for us. We finally got to catch up with the Finkel's on Sunday night. They had us for an amazing dinner in their beautiful new home. They don't know it yet, but when the walls of this apartment start closing in on us in the winter, we'll be heading there a lot. They're just down the street!
Caroline has had two days of full day kindergarten and is handling it better than I thought she would. She and Molly started their dance classes yesterday and today. Caroline really enjoyed the freestyle parts and Molly was amazingly attentive. Molly's class isn't a mommy-and-me format, so I wasn't sure how she would do, but she loved it! And I loved sitting outside watching her!

We spend most afternoons playing in the Fancy Nancy trunk and something like this is usually the result, princess dress & wand accompanied by some trendy elephant ears!

No comments:
Post a Comment