Once again, I'm resolving to blog more. I'm sure this will fizzle, possibly quicker than my resolution to eat healthier and exercise more. But I'm going to try.
We have a new addition to the family, Ms. Imelda! After two months of anxious anticipation, she came to us the day before Thanksgiving, and boy have we been thankful for her! She got here just in time for the holiday madness and has been amazing. The girls adore her, although she is strict when necessary with them. Julianne lunges to be in her arms, Molly enjoys helping her in the kitchen (but she still doesn't eat anything!) and Caroline has never ending questions for her.
She's introduced us to lots of new, yummy foods and has brought a sense of relief. Our mornings are not as crazy getting ready for school, I can work without the stress of getting home in time to get a sitter home, and Eric and I have been able to spend more time with Caroline and Molly, doing fun things, knowing Julianne is being loved and cared for.
We took the big girls to see The Princess and The Frog this past weekend. It was our first movie experience here in Kuwait. The theater was nice, new, clean. Kind of pricey, but it's not something we do a lot, so we splurged. When you buy your ticket, you have to pick a seat, like a concert, and they have a family section and a bachelor section.
We were told they do cut certain scenes to meet the local standards, but I didn't think a Disney cartoon would be subjected to much, it's a kids movie!
WRONG!! There were at least 4-5 scenes cut, not with any skill either, just a blunt out and then back in. And of course they cut the big one when the princess kisses the frog! Kind of key to the story line, but our girls didn't seem to notice or be bothered by it too much.
Everything is an adventure here!
1 comment:
I love that you took the girls to see The Princess and the Frog and that they cut scenes out!! Guess they aren't fans of good ole Walt Dinsey!!
Glad you are getting some much needed help :-)
Post a Comment