Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Julianne Update



"Bless you!"

So, I thought I would share why I lost the "Mother of the Year" award this week! I took Julianne to the doctor on Monday for her 2 month checkup and shots. She's gained 3 1/2 pounds and grown 2.25 inches since birth if you were wondering. Over the weekend, we travelled to Indiana for my cousin's wedding and received many compliments on what a perfect baby she was because she was constantly, almost unnaturally sleeping, ALL of the time! So at the appointment on Monday, I asked how much sleep is too much? The doctore wasn't worried so much with the amount of sleep (I estimated 18-20 hours a day!) but asked how her development was. I answered what I could of her questions, but quickly realized we haven't been giving Julianne the attention and TLC she needs!
So at dinner on Monday, I explained to Eric and the girls that we needed to interact with her more, talk to her and engage her. Everyone has taken to the task wonderfully and it's amazing how much she has really come out of her shell! I thought she was a serious baby, as well as sleepy. But she's actually quite fun! We were just letting her sleep too much because it was the easy thing to do while chasing the older cuckoos as well as getting ready for our trip home, the movers that are coming on Monday and the impending move to Kuwait! So while I got a lot of snuggle time with my angel, I wasn't doing her much good in developing her mind and personality!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: