I am a neglectful mother. I can't seem to put down the fake guitar. I mastered the easy level weeks ago. Thankfully, I haven't dedicated as much time to it since moving on to the medium level, so it's taking a bit longer. However, the devil challenged me today. And beat me twice.
I realize that everyone needs hobbies or down time to relax. But my hobby has become an obsession. It wasn't until we were at our local grocery store this week and Pat Benatar was belting "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" over the store's speakers and C shouted "Hey Mommy, it's your guitar hero song!" that I realized my recreational toy was starting to warp her young, impressionable mind. Then tonight, she repeated "I wanna rock and roll, all night. And Party everyday!" at least 247 times in the tub, until my husband was whistling along with her.
I've corrupted the entire family! I must find a 12-step program to free me from this terrible habit. OR Lou must suffer the wrath of my whammy bar!




1 comment:
hi jenny! so funny to read about your life! i never knew you had a blog, and now that someone has found it and read it i expect you to contribute more often! i found you through your comment on wendy's blog, i was like, "who's zookeeper?!?!?" and it was you!
Post a Comment